Sunday 16 October 2011

Free Rapunzel!


Last week I managed to finish the hat my sister in law asked me to make her and she loves it! Well, you’d hope so after she’d chosen the pattern and bought the yarn for it, but it’s always nice to have your handy-work appreciated.


Free Rapunzel was really fun to knit and although I don’t make a lot of things in bulky yarn these days but was lovely to see the knitting growing so speedily out of my needles and to have a project come together so quickly for a change.


The cabled brim was a nice interesting design, with a bit of interest without being mind melting. I also enjoyed knitting the plats down from the ear flaps, which look like simply platted yarn but are actually a long knitted cable. The pom-pom and tassels topped off this funky knit perfectly. Fun to make and definitely fun to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment