Wednesday 31 October 2012

Pumpkin time


This is the first year I've grown veg in my back garden and my crowning glory has been this pumpkin. It started as just a little green ball on a very long and aggressive pumpkin vine crawling across my lawn and got fatter and fatter until it went a lovely orange in the last of the summer sun. And here it is! I'm very proud that this grew in my little patch of garden and so wanted to make sure it was put to good use once cut. 


Flo of course helped with the scooping out of seeds and flesh and as you can imagine 'helping' is a very messy word when you're a 2 year old. Then I made a simple pumpkin soup with some onions, stock and spices added in for flavour and texture. Once blitzed up I decided to use the remaining pumpkin shell to heat and serve it in. 


It was rather of the top for a Saturday lunch time with just the Mr, Flo and I but it made me feel like I'd made the most of my first ever pumpkin.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

  1. That's a fabulous pumpkin and you put it to good use! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete