Saturday 7 April 2012

Happy Easter!

 

Happy Easter everyone!


This year in an effort not to encourage too much chocolate scoffing I made Flo some little fabric Easter eggs using this tutorial from Retro Mama. I put a bell inside each one and thought that we'd hide them around the place for Flo to find like a less-sickly egg hunt. Don't worry, she will be getting some chocolate, unless I eat it all first that is!


In other news I thought I'd update you with my latest knitting project. My Sister in law asked me to make her a baby blanket for the latest edition to the family due to make an appearance in July. I loved the idea and so have been beavering away using the pattern book of her choice: Patons Baby Shawls Collection 2. 




However the pattern I chose is in 3ply yarn, so it is quite slow going. Once the main piece is done I need to make two, yes, TWO, borders to go round the edges. It's shaping up to be quite a beast, but the pattern isn't too difficult to follow and I'm inserting a lifeline every few pattern repeats to combat against and disasters that might occur. The lightness of the fabric is perfect for spring knitting and so at the moment I'm enjoying it, although I suspect that once I get onto border number two I might be pulling my hair out. 


Do you reckon I can get it done before the arrival?

1 comment:

  1. You've done such a lot already, I'm sure it will be alright. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete