Wednesday 25 January 2012

Boobalicious



A friend at my local knitting group asked if we could knit some boobs for the breast feeding counselling classes she is running and I jumped at the chance!

The knitted breasts not only provide an effective ice breaker for the people attending but more importantly help to demonstrate how a baby should latch on, feed and even how a mother can express their milk.

I think they’re a great idea and as the pattern was so quick to knit up I ended up making five. You only need one per person, so I’m not being lob sided! 
I probably could have made more if I hadn’t run out of materials to stuff them with.

The free pattern is from the Lactation Consultants of Great Britain and you can get it here
I’m not sure exactly how you can find out who needs the knitted breasts, but there are contact details for your local councillor on the website, which seems like a good place to start.

Happy boob knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment