Monday 10 May 2010

Bonjour!

So if you don’t know already I’m Laura ‘Purl Princess’ Parkinson. Founding member of Stitch and Bitch London back in 2005 and writer of monthly column Purl About Town in Knitting Magazine since 2008.


I am currently taking a break from the column for a very sad reason. My daughter, Florence, was born on March 3rd 2010 with a floppy heart and consequentially had multiple organ failure. She was taken to Great Ormond Street Children’s Hospital straight after the birth and has been there ever since.


Here’s a picture of the gorgeous little Flo herself



I have decided to write this blog for many reasons:

· I’ve always fancied writing a blog, but never really had the time. At the moment I have quite a bit of time on my hands as I’m less of a Purl About Town and more of a Purl About Hospital.

· I want to keep my hand in with the knitting world and thought that this was a good way to do it.

· I need to keep myself busy so that I don’t spend my whole week sitting in the hospital, although this does provide good knitting time.

In essence this blog will be an extension of the Purl About Town column and so will involve me sharing my knitting adventures with you all, wherever they may take me.

4 comments:

  1. Wishing Laura, Flo and your family, all the very best of wishes for the future. I thoroughly enjoy your colomn in the magazine, and will miss it. Flo is gorgeous. Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    I only discovered your blog today, it is a lovely blog, I love all you beautiful creations, but obviously your lovely daughter is the most amazing thing of all.
    Reading your blog has started the cogs in my little brain moving, I am thinking of contacting HOlles Street (the hospital where I had my four rug rats, one of whom was in special care for a while) I hadn't thought about the size of premmie clothes in twelve years since my son was in there.
    Thanks for letting people into your wee world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All Good Luck to Florence, your Mummy, Daddy and all others who must love you very much as you are a beautiful little girl.

    ReplyDelete